The Legend of Rita

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Sun Feb 25 08:32:26 PST 2001

http://www.metacritic.com/film/titles/legendofrita

This is the German film about a West German Red Army Faction type who escapes to East Germany after a prison break goes bad. The film turned out to be more poignant than I expected. The soundtrack gets off to a good start with the Stones' Street Fighting Man but then for some reason it slips into bad early-eighties synthesizer, Tangerine Dream-like music. None of the men in the movie come off looking very good. The subtitles, however, are done in a very readable way. I give it a raised fist/Black Power salute.

Peter