the special relationship

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Feb 25 09:37:38 PST 2001

The conclusion of the Financial Times story (February 24/25, 2001) on the Bush-Blair meeting:

"Their press conference turned into a love-in led by the president. 'He's a pretty charming guy,' Mr Bush said. He said they had form not only a good personal relationship but 'an alliance that will stand the test of time.'

Asked what they had in common, Mr Bush said: 'We have both got great wives. We are both dads, and proudly so. That's our most important responsibility, being loving dads.'"