Nixon's the One

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Sun Feb 25 17:39:15 PST 2001

On Sun, 25 Feb 2001 18:41:50 -0600 Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> writes:

> Gordon Fitch wrote:
> >
> > when they ignored the vast
> > demonstrations against the war? I don't.
> >

> Not true. Haldeman's diaries reveal that in fact they obsessed over
> the
> demonstrations -- probably in fact took the demonstrations more
> seriously than we (the demonstrators) took them.

The White House tapes showed that Nixon and his people were obsessed to the point of paranoia. The infamous Plumbers Unit was originally created to spy upon and disrupt the antiwar movement. Only subsequently, was it used against the Democrats (hence Watergate).

________________________________________________________________ GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO! Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less! Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.