Rightward ho!

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 3 19:26:21 PST 2001

>From: kelley <kwalker2 at gte.net>
>>I know folks on LBO love wallowing in the hopelessness of it all, as
>>Carroll
>>describes it, but there are going to be five hundred separate political
>>fights over the next four years.
>

>specifically, that would be the hopelessness of working within the
>democratic party. i for, one, do not think anything is hopeless and do not
>wallow in it and i resent that you'd suggest that i or anyone else here,
>but carrol, does. name one person, otherwise, who says it's all hopeless?

Half seriously, I'd be willing to volunteer. Clinton spent eight solid years scurrying around dutifully completing the Reagan Revolution, and Middle America's basic take on the guy is that he was some wild-eyed hippie who nearly turned this God-fearing nation into a cesspool of sin. In short, we're moving from a period of tepid conservatism back to one of intense conservatism. Where one can find the magic ingredient "hope" in all that escapes me.