Query for books about class

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Thu Jan 4 10:17:20 PST 2001

Justin had some great suggestions. Here is one more. How about that newish book from the New Press, "Economic Apartheid in America: A Primer on Economic Inequality and Insecurity, " from the folks at United for a Fair Economy. Lotsa great graphics. Reminded me of the series that Pantheon put out years ago edited by Michael Kidron and Ronald Segal, "The State of the World Atlas." Tons of easily digestable, colorful, data on everything from military spending, arms trade, poverty, income and wealth distribution, etc. When I was a subsitute teacher in Oakland those books and the Pantheon series with , "Marx for Beginners, " (even Lacan for Beginners, I'll read that one myself! While I look in the Mirror. ) cartoons by Rius, was a great thing to pass on to the kids.

Michael Pugliese