music

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Sun Jan 7 15:50:19 PST 2001

A simular sentiment is expressed by a fellow I just ran across, Howard Gelb. It's on the Giant Sand album(?) called Purge and Slouch, the song is Elevator Music

You're too young to remember elevator music and double-knit slacks. There are those that make a living getting dirty, those who made an art out of turning their backs. Now we got Dylan in the elevator distortion at the Farmer's Market and the fella who owns the Jaguar listens to the same stuff as the fella who parks it.

Dylan in the elevator. Distortion down at the Farmer's Market. Flannel and jeans in the fancy resterant and somewhere in the head of the head waiter he figures that we got what we want.

The final verse is something like.....................

Distortion at the super-market Whether you own it or whether you park it.