Democrats make nice

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Sun Jan 7 17:37:05 PST 2001

If you think of the Dems as the cheap date of the Wall St Vampire this makes perfect sense. I don't really see how the Big Cigars can wait on screwing the people out of the remaining social safety net so I'm sure the screws are on for co-operation. They're already talking up a resumption of the bull market in the second half.and if there's a tax cut and they give the affluent greater incentives to invest and they lower rates aggressively, I think they can make it happen. They wanted utility de-regulation so they gave the people cheap oil. They want to destroy Social Security, they gotta give the people a bull run. Sooner rather than later's how I see it cause once unemployment starts rising dramatically, and I think it will, the people will be more difficult. Or something like that.

This is a cool chart

http://www.sandspring.com/charts/cdj010501.html

Did the 1929 dealy have this kind of 5 wave action? Is this that Fabrioni-something or other, guy?

What would be really interesting is to know what kind of changes the govmint made, or tried to make, during past Phase 4 market events. Has Phase 4 always been about getting the people to go along with their coming lower standard of living? Can you get good domestic help cheaper in Japan today than you could during Phase 4?

Today I was wondering about the currency situation. US Corps, especially tech, need a stronger Euro and they are getting it. But in sectors where there are good paying jobs like auto and home electonics(which actually had a great year), the falling Yen will surely help kill the domestic manufacturing sector. Would love to know how Treasury really feels about the Yen. Would love to actually understand that stuff. Maybe some Europeans really wanted that weak Euro so that last year when business tech spending was blazing the US wouldn't take all the candy. And lucky for them Allie needed to swat down Labor which is getting to uppity.

All's I really know is that it's already ugly in my 'hood. All our absentee owners kicked out their long, many long, long time tenents last year. It was the top and we're close in. Next I expect to see people re-claiming jobs from the newly employed, mostly young Blacks. Won't they be surprised to find that software has lowered the value of that old job somehow. And if they don't like it, well, there will be plenty of others that want the job.

And this year's top Capitalists are: The Chinese

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=^SSEC&d=2y http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=^SSEC&d=2y

Ain't it goofy in the Rube Gallery?