designer people, feminism for sale, etc

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Tue Jan 9 18:58:05 PST 2001

FEMINISM FOR SALE Michelle Goldberg, AlterNet Our new, shopping-and-fucking feminism echoes the message of consumer society, that freedom means more -- hotter sex, better food, drawers of Kate Spade bags and MAC lipsticks. http://www.alternet.org

DESIGNER PEOPLE Sally Deneen, E Magazine The human genetic blueprint has been drafted, offering both perils and opportunities for the environment. The Big Question: are we changing the Nature of Nature? http://www.alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=10307

THE DEATH PENALTY'S OTHER VICTIMS Dave Lindorff, Salon When prosecutors eliminate jurors opposed to capital punishment, they also weed out women and minorities and stack the deck against defendants. http://www.alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=10304

JOHN MCCAIN PLAYS LADY MACBETH? David Corn, AlterNet There's a dangerous and wily foe lying in wait for George W. Bush on Capital Hill: Senator John McCain, who promises to push his campaign finance bill on to the Senate agenda as soon as Bush takes office. http://www.alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=10302

MEDIA MONOPOLY, THE VIDEO GAME Joab Jackson, Baltimore City Paper We need a new "God game" for the New Economy, where players instead of controling empires and natural resources, players use multinational corporations to capture as much "human mindshare" as possible. http://www.alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=10300