Americans for the Bush Cabinet

Uday Mohan udaym at igc.org
Wed Jan 10 07:50:04 PST 2001

I guess it must be pretty easy to form a "new grassroots organization," however unnecessary and silly. Uday

"AMERICANS FOR THE BUSH CABINET" RESPONDS TO CHAVEZ

WITHDRAWAL

Tue, 09 Jan 2001 12:16:03 -0500

acu_members at mailmanager.net

acu_members at mailmanager.net

For Immediate Release: January 9, 2001

"AMERICANS FOR THE BUSH CABINET" RESPONDS TO CHAVEZ WITHDRAWAL

Statement by David A. Keene, Chairman of the American Conservative Union and Americans for the Bush Cabinet:

"We are sorry to see Linda Chavez withdraw as she would have been an excellent Secretary of Labor. Had she stayed in, we believe she would have been confirmed by the Senate and would have served this country admirably. But, who can blame her for wanting to avoid the vicious character assassinations planned for her and the rest of the Bush Cabinet selections by the practitioners of the politics of personal destruction."

Americans for the Bush Cabinet (ABC) is a new grassroots organization designed to rally support the Cabinet nominations of President-elect George W. Bush that have been challenged by ideological groups on the left such as People for the American Way and the National Abortion Rights Action League.

*For more information about Americans for the Bush Cabinet, please contact Ian Walters at (703)836-8602 or Diana Banister of Craig Shirley & Associates at (703) 739-5920, or please visit www.conservative.org.

--------------------------------------- *Do you know a good conservative who would like to receive the ACU-INFONET Updates? If so, why not forward the attached message to them and encourage them to sign up at http://www.conservative.org