questions

Uday Mohan udaym at igc.org
Wed Jan 10 08:00:37 PST 2001

I agree that the "liberal media" charge is nonsense, but the Kristol quote used below to indicate this isn't quite persuasive. Isn't he saying there that the media are liberal but they don't always set the agenda; therefore conservatives often have themselves to blame? I think a more useful quote is the following, also by Kristol:

>From CNN on 2/5/00: "George W. Bush got awfully
good press, in my judgment, in most of 1999. I mean, he was getting very nice pieces; compassionate conservatism was a hopeful thing. His speeches that he gave in the summer and the fall of '99 were very respectfully reported. The press isn't quite as biased and liberal. They're actually conservative sometimes."

Uday