bay guardian interview Bursting bubbles Doug Henwood says mean things about the new economy.

John K. Taber jktaber at dhc.net
Fri Jan 12 16:56:08 PST 2001

Michael Pollak <mpollak at panix.com> says:

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Carl Remick wrote:

> Yeah, but nobody *needs* a Cassandra after the fact.

< After the fact, you're not a Cassandra. You're an expert. It's only before that people think you're being hysterical.

You guys must lead a more sheltered life than I. That is NOT my experience. If I make a prediction too far out people think I'm a nut. When the prediction comes true, they do not remember my prediction, they remember that I'm a nut.

I have to set it up as a bet, and make them pay.

-- John K. Taber