Feed, Suck, and Altculture Present Plastic

Chris Kromm ckromm at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 16 11:22:49 PST 2001

What a stupid name. Not that "Suck" or "Feed" were necessarily very good, either. This anti-aesthetic labeling thing has got to go.

----- Original Message ----- From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> To: lbo-talk <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2001 12:03 PM Subject: Fwd: Feed, Suck, and Altculture Present Plastic

> Dear Feed, Suck, and Altculture subscribers,
>
> Your days of clammy palms, paranoid nightmares, and baited breath are
over.
> Today marks the day when we reveal to the world the hulking frankenstein's
> monster we've been cobbling together in the basement of Automatic Media
for all
> these months: Plastic.
>
> In case you hadn't yet caught word of what we're up to with Plastic,
here's the
> simple explanation: Plastic is a pop-culture version of Slashdot, serving
the
> audiences of and edited by some of the best culture, entertainment,
> and politics
> sites online (specifically: Spin, Movieline.com, The New Republic, Wired
News,