Religion, Science, & a Freethinker in a Fire Station

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Wed Jan 17 16:58:42 PST 2001

I wouldn't overestimate the article, though. I posted only good parts. The rest of the article is meek & mild. Angier ends it on this note:

***** Believers and doubters alike will always be with us -- and it's just possible that we need each other more than we know. As Kevin McCullough, a member of the Fellowship of Christian Firefighters, told me of his debate with the doubting Monson [the free-thinking firefighter]: "If he's seeking the truth, I don't think he's there yet. But he makes me think, and he brings up good points, and that's good for me. It helps strengthen my own beliefs." *****

Yoshie