advances in capitalism

jf noonan jfn1 at msc.com
Thu Jan 18 09:58:12 PST 2001

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Doug Henwood wrote:

> [$100 million is nothing compared to the $1 billion that Gillette
> spent on deveoping the Mach3 (which I enthusiastically use, of
> course)]

It still blows me away that they spent $1B developing it, but I do agree that it is an excellent razor. Anybody want a couple of packs of TracII blades? -- I'll never use them again.

[snip to the good part]

> Research conducted by Kimberly-Clark shows that consumers
> agree that moist methods clean and freshen better than dry
> toilet paper alone. The results of a recent Kimberly-Clark
> survey showed that 63% of respondents have used a moist
> cleansing method after toileting and one out of four use a
> moist cleansing method on a daily basis.

This is my favorite 'graph. Clean I get, but 'freshen'? I also am enamored of this new (to me, anyway) verb 'toileting'.

I guess ole Wayne gets the big bucks expressly to keep a straight face for this, uh, shit.

Joseph Noonan Houston, TX jfn1 at msc.com