Documentaries (was Re: Jazz)

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 19 16:14:50 PST 2001

>From: "Justin Schwartz" <jkschw at hotmail.com>
>
>Frederick Wiseman. --jks
>

>>[MBS:]You need to get with Titticut Follies and Welfare,
>>among others. I'm blanking on the director, but
>>these were pretty innovative and political in
>>their time.

No need for the past tense, Max. FW's still active and in peak form. He did an outstanding job in the lengthy documentary "Belfast, Maine," a portait of a a working-class community, that premiered on PBS just last year. I happened to mention it here on the last at the time, and I sure hope it's broadcast again soon.