Jazz

Tony B. oldfart at networkidl.net
Sat Jan 20 09:56:26 PST 2001

Well I do not know about intelligentsia but as one ho qualifies for the old (73) bit, the music in my life which has given most pleasure in between many other activities has been Classical composition Bach, Beethoven Grieg Mendelson (listen to Bachs Pasacaglia and Fugue organ for a sublime piece of music) Classical musicians Glenn Gould (organ proffered) playing Bach,s Art of Fugue, Sophie Ann Mutter and Herbert Von Karajan. Jazz musicians. Art Tatum who showed Parker the way to play, Modern Jazz Quartet, Dave Brubeck, Django Reinhart and many others