On the important French Fry Question

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Jan 21 08:33:20 PST 2001

John Thornton wrote:

>On another note, what the hell are you people doing
>patronizing McD's? I suppose you shop at WalMart too?

Hmm, so where's it stop? The computer I'm typing on was made a giant multinational and assembled in Mexico. There's a stereo next to me made by Sony in China. The coffee I'm drinking came from Kenya, a country filled with poor and hungry people, and the beans were grown and picked under god knows what exploitative conditions. You don't really believe that individual consumption choices can clean an unclean world, do you?

Doug