On the important French Fry Question

jf noonan jfn1 at msc.com
Sun Jan 21 09:47:49 PST 2001

On Sun, 21 Jan 2001, kelley wrote:
> At 11:33 AM 1/21/01 -0500, Doug Henwood wrote:
> >John Thornton wrote:
> >
> >>On another note, what the hell are you people doing
> >>patronizing McD's? I suppose you shop at WalMart too?
> >
> >Hmm, so where's it stop? The computer I'm typing on was made a giant
> >multinational and assembled in Mexico. There's a stereo next to me made by
> >Sony in China. The coffee I'm drinking came from Kenya, a country filled
> >with poor and hungry people, and the beans were grown and picked under god
> >knows what exploitative conditions. You don't really believe that
> >individual consumption choices can clean an unclean world, do you?
> >
> >Doug
>
> i don't think the outrage expressed here was anything other than elitism.

Now, now, Kelley, wouldn't you rather shop at:

http://greenmarketplace.com/greenmarket/aboutus/index.html

where as they say:

"We carefully screen each product before we carry it to assure you guilt-free shopping."

Guilt free shopping?!?!

<puke>

Joseph Noonan Houston, TX jfn1 at msc.com

"An average scrapple loaf contains the rectums of 4 swine."