On the important French Fry Question

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Sun Jan 21 11:48:51 PST 2001

At 11:47 AM 1/21/01 -0600, jf noonan wrote:

>Now, now, Kelley, wouldn't you rather shop at:
>
>http://greenmarketplace.com/greenmarket/aboutus/index.html

NO!!

wait. i dig the black skirt! but $210??? (oooo, they're wearing pumps too, joe! now, this isn't the cruncy fashion i remember!) but they only have an oxford shirt $60 and a white blazer for $375???????

and sorry, although affordable, this http://greenmarketplace.com/greenmarket/products/detail-cloth.html?cart=980104184516653&siteid=[siteID]&minsku=51-0003&barid=008&path2=036&path3=072 ain't gonna work. i might as well go braless with that thing... ferchrisakes, the straps must be all of 1/8 in wide.

can we talk about the body fascism of the upper middle class again where you're not allowed, apparently, to have casabas, only oranges.

i can accessorize with the anti-consumption <gak> french press tote or jave tote. give me friggin break.

when i get home, i can lounge in a $136 organic cotton sherpa bathrobe. ok, i admit, i've bought a bathrobe for a gift that cost $100...

>where as they say:
>

>"We carefully screen each product before we carry it to assure
>you guilt-free shopping."
>
>Guilt free shopping?!?!

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight! made my day, i did my thing for progress and a better world, i purchased the right products and i got an outfit that costs more than i spend on clothes for me and my son in a year. well maybe not quite, but pretty close.

><puke>

well, with any luck, your upchuck would be more colorful than that gakky shades of tan color scheme they got going. one presumes that they are going for the "earth" tones hippy dippy crunchola look -- which reminds me of a secretary i once had. one of her daughter's decided to join some mennonite sect. she hated it that she couldn't get her grandchildren colorful clothes because they're only supposed to wear 'natural' colors. gladys couldn't wrap her head around that one since cornflower blue, poppy orange, yadda were certainly natural enough to her!

:)