On the important French Fry Question

Dennis Perrin/Nancy Bauer bauerperrin at mindspring.com
Sun Jan 21 17:21:05 PST 2001

>In some ways the whole endeavor to avoid tainted products strikes me as a
secularized form
>of keeping kosher, a way of signifying ritual cleanliness and keeping
>faith with the almighty (i.e., Society in all its potential).
>
>Michael

Not really. I've eaten, imbibed and worn products from all the companies I now now try to avoid. It's not some purifying exercise; I simply despise the companies I mentioned and have no desire to give them my money. Of course, I despise most of corporate culture, but there are only so many options, as I've said, so one makes choices, if one so desires. Other LBOers think it's all elitist fantasy play, and seem to have no problem wearing a swoosh cap while washing down some of Don Tyson's wretched chicken with a tall cup of iced Starbucks houseblend. I can't change it, so let me at it!

DP