the tears of W

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Mon Jan 22 09:53:38 PST 2001

At 08:53 AM 1/22/01 -0600, Steve Perry wrote:

>"This is what he thinks: God is here and asks us to do good."
>
>'good' meaning in this case to look on in mute christian charity as w gets
>about the real business of his administration, which has nothing to do with
>the 700 club and everything to do with wall street. it bears repeating: bush
>will be to the christian right as clinton was to the liberals. don't you
>think?

no. the nomination of asscrack was evidence of enough to me. like i said before, this will only embolden the religious right who now think that their world view is ordained as our manifest destiny.

kewl. i don't even want to see what happens if they nominate a SC judge.

>I hope so. But why did he appoint Ashcroft?
>Doug

because Asscrack was considering challenge carnahan's win in missouri. had he done so, the repukes would have looked like complete hypocrites and much hay would have been made since a challenge to Carnahan would have been about the law re the death of a candidate running for office in Mo. so, my guess is that they tossed Asscrack the bone of AG nominee. cute.

kelley