the tears of W

RE earnest at tallynet.com
Mon Jan 22 10:54:30 PST 2001

kelley gets down. r

----- Original Message -----

From: kelley

To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com

Sent: Monday, January 22, 2001 12:53 PM

Subject: RE: the tears of W

At 08:53 AM 1/22/01 -0600, Steve Perry wrote:

>"This is what he thinks: God is here and asks us to do good."

>'good' meaning in this case to look on in mute christian charity as w gets

>about the real business of his administration, which has nothing to do with

>the 700 club and everything to do with wall street. it bears repeating: bush

>will be to the christian right as clinton was to the liberals. don't you

>think?

no. the nomination of asscrack was evidence of enough to me. like i said

before, this will only embolden the religious right who now think that

their world view is ordained as our manifest destiny.

kewl. i don't even want to see what happens if they nominate a SC judge.

>I hope so. But why did he appoint Ashcroft?

>Doug

because Asscrack was considering challenge carnahan's win in missouri. had

he done so, the repukes would have looked like complete hypocrites and much

hay would have been made since a challenge to Carnahan would have been

about the law re the death of a candidate running for office in Mo. so, my

guess is that they tossed Asscrack the bone of AG nominee. cute.

kelley