your mail

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Jan 23 07:26:56 PST 2001

Patrick Bond wrote:

>Comrades Peter and Christopher, just do EVERYONE a favour and ignore
>this shit. Giving these rascals attention only encourages them, as
>the saying goes. (My personal view, anyway.)

But Patrick, they've got lots of followers. Null draws WBAI's biggest audience and he's their biggest fundraiser. The rate of new AIDS infections is rising in San Francisco, in part, say the health authorities, because denialists are making inroads. More broadly, health crackpottery has a strong hold in the U.S. (and has since the early 19th century at least). They won't go away if you ignore them.

Doug