Free Mike!

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 23 15:53:15 PST 2001

>From: "Nathan Newman" <nathan at newman.org>
>
>Nice overall point about how policing on the margins maintains the
>integrity
>of a rigged racket. But just in case you are serious, it is worth
>analyzing
>why Milken really deserves jail...

... as a precursor to drawing and quartering, IMHO. I would argue Mike's main offense was changing the mentality of CEOs. Due to his influence, suddenly all these humdrum bureaucrats overseeing America's businesses and pulling down a few million for their chores (typically delegated to others) became indispensable "visionaries" requiring HUNDREDS of millions dollars a year to work their supposed magic. Milken is one world-class evil man who cannot be punished enough.