Peltier question

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Mon Jan 1 17:38:17 PST 2001

On Mon, 1 Jan 2001 Stannard67 at aol.com quoted:

> "After that material was reviewed, the NPPA wondered about the arguments made
> by the LPDC. The LPDC claimed the FBI fabricated those (three) affidavits
> from a coerced witness. If the FBI did not believe her (and her story that
> obviously got better each time she was interviewed), and if they were
> hell-bent on getting Peltier out of Canada no matter what, why, then, THREE
> (3) affidavits? If that was the case - if the FBI conspiracy was that thick -
> there would have been only ONE affidavit. Is this concept that difficult to
> understand? The LPDC and Peltier supporters constantly yell about conspiracy
> and cover-up. Well, if there was one on the Poor Bear matter, then no one
> would have known about any other affidavits.

Others can correct me, but I believe there was only one affidavit when it mattered, when he was being extradited -- the most incrimating one. The other two were suppressed. They were found later through the FOIA when Poor Bear later recanted and told about them

> General, Janet Reno, states, "In short, after reviewing this matter, I have
> concluded that Mr. Peltier was LAWFULLY EXTRADITED to the United States." "

Yes, and Bush was lawfully elected. Doesn't make it right.

Michael