RES: The alleged "Racak Massacre"

Alexandre Fenelon afenelon at zaz.com.br
Wed Jan 24 14:43:56 PST 2001

--

About 2,000 people, the large majority of whom were civilians, were killed during the 1989 U.S. invasion of Panama. (Some human rights orgs have a higher estimate than this, & I'm putting here one of the conservative numbers.) Keep in mind that the invasion of Panama was of a much shorter duration than the counter-insurgency warfare in Kosovo.

Yoshie

-2000? I thought it costed a few hundred lives (anymway a heavy cost, -since Noriega was a criminous that the US helped to promote, at least -a heavy cost to Panama citizens....). What are your sources?

Alexandre