'Very good reasons' for Marc Rich's pardon?

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 25 14:27:18 PST 2001

>On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Doug Henwood wrote:
>
> > There's more...
>
>And more. The Wall Street Journal beings its summarizes its own article
>on the same topic in the "What's News" column on today's front page with
>the sentence:
>
>"The pardon of Marc Rich is discomfiting overseas business executives who
>plotted with the U.S. to catch the fugitive financier, and they want files
>sealed to keep Rich from learning their names."
>
>Michael

Yes, I saw that. This episode has gone from disgusting to sinister. I note that a former Mossad head was among those requesting clemency for Rich in return for favors received. I wonder if the Mossad might be willing to take certain, ah, executive actions if their good buddy's stool pigeons come to light.