The truth about the aids panic

Christopher B. Hajib-Niles cniles at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jan 25 23:37:52 PST 2001

> The reaction to Christopher Hajib's wholly sensible and cautious posts
> and to mine persuades me that the politics of Aids is still hedged about
> with the kind of assertive lunacy that says you cannot question health
> campaigns of the surgeon general without being accused of being a
> holocaust denier. Those who are sent in a spin over Aids ought to ask
> themselves what they have to be so defensive about?

Yeah, what is going on here? Lefty fetishization of science (not uknown among leftist). Lefties attemting to immunize themselves against the destructive effects of social and political isolation by throwing their support behind the big, heroic, consensus effort to (alledgly) fight evil (echos of WWI)? Plain old intellectual laziness? What?

Chris