Defending Bullshit

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Jan 26 09:28:11 PST 2001

jf noonan wrote:

>On Fri, 26 Jan 2001, Christopher B. Hajib-Niles wrote:
>
>> I expected that people would disagree with me. My position
>> is definetly an unusual one but it can be well defended and
>> then some.
>
>Then fucking defend it, instead of whining like a baby. Show us
>the study that show hundreds of people getting better from
>'massive doses of vitamin C'.
>

>> There is not even any evidence that HIV has been isolated.
>
>Liar.
>
>Why does Jan Carowin get tossed off this list and this fucking
>ignorant spammer remains?

Carowan's whiny tone annoyed the hell out of me, as did his repeated whiny offlist emails to me and other list subscribers. I don't boot people merely for posting stuff I disagree with. In fact, I wish Rakesh would rejoin the list so I could disagree with him.

"Liar" is a word that should be reserved for people who consciously or semiconsciously say something they know not to be true. Chris isn't doing that. He's making an argument that you, I, and almost all scientists believe to be false, but I think he really believes what he's saying.

Doug