U.S. & Japan: 'eerie similarities'

Suresh Naidu antikafka at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 26 11:44:32 PST 2001

Do they mean fixed assets, then? I can see how private sector fixed capital mushroomed here, but not how this balances out the ridiculous margin that it was bought on. If they mean fixed assets, then people with lots of debt often do still hold lots of assets; enough to at least pay some of the interest, if they're not already bankrupt. Lots of fixed assets may be commensurate with lots of debt....