God and the GOP

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Jan 28 11:01:35 PST 2001

Reading Max's Greenspan-inspired cri du coeur, I thought of this passage from the lead in today's NYT, a Bush-legitimizing story on what a groovy transition it's been so far:

>"Talk about a windfall, he got a gigantic break with Greenspan's
>testimony," said Senator Joseph R. Biden Jr., a Delaware Democrat.
>"Why God is so good to Republicans is beyond me."

Is Biden really this naive? Or is a guy who could plagiarize Neil Kinnock's life story as his is own incapable of decoding Greenspan's motivations?

Doug