Progressive Empire (NATO: A Global KKK?)

Peter van Heusden pvh at egenetics.com
Mon Jan 29 03:24:10 PST 2001

On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 10:57:21AM -0500, Doug Henwood wrote:
> Carrol Cox wrote:
>
> >Doug Henwood wrote:
> >

> >> What about the NATO of Powell and Rice?
> >
> >O Shit -- and even if i had the use of both hands
> >this banality would not be worth a fuller response.
>
> I don't know whether to feel annoyed or relieved.
>
> Look, the point is that simple racialized analyses of imperialism
> don't work anymore. Two of the top administrators of the Empire are
> now black. Neither is a marginal figure, and one was the military
> leader of the Gulf War. More broadly, the senior staff of the IMF and
> World Bank are extremely integrated - as are many trading floors.
> Moreso than lots of left organizations, in fact.
>
> Liberals were completely disarmed by the Thomas nomination - they
> just didn't know how to deal with a black reactionary. Evidently some
> Marxists don't know how to deal with the incorporation of nonwhites
> into the senior posts of the New World Order either.

There was a brief discussion on whether capital was white on aut-op-sy a couple of months ago - we didn't really go into any depth. It is, however, an interesting question, particularly if you see whitness not as some 'biological reality' but rather as a strategically deployed classification politically manufactured and deployed to integrate layers of the dominated classes into capital. While I'm critical of much of the magazine Race Traitor's politics in detail, I think

-- _______________/\/eGenetics.com\/\_____________________________________ Peter van Heusden 1024D/0517502B pvh at egenetics.com Electric Genetics DE5B 6EAA 28AC 57F7 58EF 9295 6A26 6A92 0517 502B