financiers

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 29 18:33:40 PST 2001

>>Doug Henwood quoted:
>>> New U.S. Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill in a WSJ interview:...
>>>
>>Do I hear the distinction between 'bad' speculative capitalists and 'good'
>>productive capitalists?
>
>Leave it to an industrialist to try to make it.
>
>Doug

Reminds me: Many years ago William Hamilton -- the New Yorker magazine's deftest cartoonist, IMHO, when it came to depicting plutocrats -- had a great cartoon of an elder CEO-type with a thoughtful expression on his face, commenting to his wife: "You know, I've learned a lot in 60 years. Unfortunately, most of it is about aluminium."

Carl