former Teamster "boss" Carey indicted

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Jan 29 10:46:40 PST 2001

So it doesn't matter that the institutions of the organized working class in the U.S. are deeply tainted by corruption - many of them quite literally run by organized crime - and who have little to show for all the millions of dollars they routinely give to Democrats other than having their leaders temporarily shielded from indictment?

There's a 1999 article on corruption by Bob Fitch at a Laborers Union dissident site <http://www.laborers.org/Fitch_Corruption_10-21-99.html>. Here's an excerpt: