The Beam in the Eye of the Empire

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Tue Jan 30 10:27:03 PST 2001

Good liberals should argue, "Hand them over to the International War Crimes Tribunal!" That _really_ shows _faith_ in the masses.

In any case, you don't appear to care much about folks in Serbia, Albania, etc. one way or another. The only thing you care about is apparently how to satisfy your political voyeurism, an obsession with surfaces (Seselj, Draskovic, Pesic, the JUL, the SPS, etc.), without any desire to investigate & explain their causes: domestic and international; political, economic, historical, etc. (what domestic & international conditions caused their rise? who supported each party? what were various parties' politico-economic programs? etc.). That's my judgment because I haven't seen anything resembling a _coherent argument_ coming from your corner, unlike any other political trend (e.g. Chris; Seth; Johaness; Carrol; etc.) that has commented upon the subject here & elsewhere.

Yoshie

As I've said before here, try Milosevic, Krazdic, Mladic in Serbia. And I'll dig up months old posts in Louland, lbo-talk and other venues that do go into my read on the political economy, balance of forces, etc. considerations. You've only recently begun to pay attention to views on much of anything. Snarl. (kelley, you listening!) Double Snarl. Yoshie, you've read such sources as Susan Woodward, for example among many others. I've read more than a bit of historical work on Serbian politics. Back during the NATO bombing I cited and quoted from more than a few of my sources. Recent posts, under the peressure of time constraints, working 45-50 hrs. a week, 100 new e-mails daily, Dad being in the hospital , all this precludes extended "Political Economy of the NATO Slaughter and the Virtues of Self-Management Under The Red Bourgeoisie, " kinda posts from me, at the moment. When I get back from my crappy job tonight at 10 P.M. though, i will type some hopefully non-snarlasious, civil post. Looks like the bad manners of Proyect and Carrol rubed off on you. And Me!

Sorry to all, I'm pissed!~

Michael Pugliese