Crucial component of early Bush tax cut

Daniel Davies d_squared_2002 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 30 10:45:31 PST 2001

Fuck, fur and feathers!!!!!

The reason I stopped reading the FT was that a) I felt that a newspaper really shouldn't make you question your will to live more than three times on your way in to work and b) it started saying things about banking that I knew not to be true. But it never got this bad.

It might be forgivable to write:

> In 1995, the United States had
> the highest capital gains
> rate in the world. Even after the reduction from 28
> to 20 percent - under
> President Clinton, it should be noted - it is still
> among the world's
> highest.

and in the same article:

> an incredible 68 percent. Australia and the United
> Kingdom, with nominal
> capital-gains rates of 48 percent and 40 percent,

although given that the context is studies by "the Heritage Foundation" and "the Cato Institute", I'm hardly inclined to give the benefit of the doubt. But it is never acceptable to sub-edit those words and leave them in!

Ye fucken faith!

dd

===== “It is necessarily part of the business of a banker to maintain appearances and to profess a conventional respectability which is more than human. Life-long practices of this kind make them the most romantic and the least realistic of men” -- JM Keynes