Scripture

qualiall_2 at yahoo.com qualiall_2 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 30 19:21:00 PST 2001

Speaking of scripture, I ran across this little gem on another mailing list I'm on--KRD - CAPITALISM AND CHRISTIANITY

It also may be read in html format at our "current articles" section on our webpage. http://www.endtimesnetwork.com/crt_nws.html

http://www.isrp.org

----------------------- "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

CAPITALISM AND CHRISTIANITY

by: S.R. Shearer

"Someone who lacks independent wealth has no claim to even the SMALLEST portion of food ..."

- David Ricardo

"And he (i.e., the "false prophet") causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: "AND THAT NO MAN MIGHT BUY OR SELL, SAVE HE THAT HAD THE MARK or the name of the beast (i.e., the Antichrist), or the number of his name." (Rev. 13:16-17)

INTRODUCTION:

Wow! What a reaction our last newsletter ("The Deceitfulness of Riches and the Marxist Paradigm") generated! It seems that whenever we touch the matter of "money" and the "rich," people - especially our American readers - appear as if out of nowhere to assail and denounce us. [Note: this doesn't happen with our readers in Bulgaria, or in Russia, or in Botswana, or in Zambia, or in Kenya, or in Brazil, or in Egypt, or in Abu Dubai, or in Costa Rica, or in Peru, etc. (and yes, we do have readers in all these places).] You would think that we had blasphemed God - and maybe, insofar as the god they apparently serve is concerned (i.e., money), we have. I wonder if these same people would respond with such vehemence and fury if we had attacked the poor, the displaced, the homeless, the outcasts, the friendless, etc. I doubt it!

We are called "Marxists," "ner-do-wells," "hypocrites," and other things too hateful and odious to be mentioned here. It seems that nothing draws the ire and outrage of Christians in America (not all of them, for sure, but certainly a lot of them) against us more than when we touch the matter of wealth....more...