DJ Freddy J Spins the Phat Trax

Dennis Robert Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Wed Jul 4 15:10:57 PDT 2001

On Tue, 3 Jul 2001, Christian Gregory wrote:

> techno chirps and warbles simply rephrase what is nonsensical about the
> postmodernism argument. I mean, globalization as the latest face of the
> postmodern?

No techno here, just pure hip hop. Fred is right about that, though. He means that the processes of Americanization of the 1950-75 period have a direct continuity with those of the 1975-2000 period: US military Keynesianism paved the way for Eurocapitalism and the Wall Street/Nikkei Bubbles. What makes Fred special is that he taps into the cultural capital of the total system, turning its own energies against itself; sometimes I wish he'd get more specific and nail things down, carry concepts to their Adornic negative dialectical end, but all gripes aside, he remains our greatest Marxist.

-- Dennis