Christian love

Ian Murray seamus2001 at home.com
Fri Jul 6 10:47:13 PDT 2001

----- Original Message ----- From: "C. G. Estabrook" <galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Friday, July 06, 2001 10:21 AM Subject: Re: Christian love

> On Fri, 6 Jul 2001, Doug Henwood wrote:
>
> > Let's see. The central myth of Christianity is that god took human
> > form, and in that human form was tortured, crucified, and buried,
and
> > he resurrected several days later. Through suffering there is
> > redemption, forgiveness, rebirth. If there's nothing
sadomasochistic
> > about that, then I'm Marie Queen of Romania. Doug
>
> Ave Marie--
>
> This list seems to return somewhat obsessively to this topic, so I
might
> be permitted to repeat what I said about it six weeks ago. Just as
we go
> to Marx in preference to later marxists in arguments about what
marxism is
> -- and are rightly critical of those who tell us what the "central
myths"
> of marxism are -- so we might go the originator of christianity.

Our creator which is the art of hyperspace Hallowed, yet playful, be thy name--and all names Our democracy come, our cognition be done on Earth is it is nowhere else that we can tell...yet Give us this week our guaranteed income and tell the fuckers at the IMF/WB to dump the debt as we won't stop harassing them until they do Lead us no more as we'll be ok someday without leaders while enjoying our temptations so long as there's no harm involved For thine is the peoples power and comedy till whenever Amen