Christian love

Chip Berlet cberlet at igc.org
Fri Jul 6 11:54:39 PDT 2001

Hi Marie!

Try reading Christian philosopher Rene Girard for a different view of the central myth of Christianity as a narrative against scapegoating. Or Daniel Berrigan, "Visions in the Dust" for prophetic liberation theology.

Hey, I'm not a fan of the Crusades or the Inquisition, but there are different sectors of Christianity throughout history. (How 'bout them Cathars?)

Pop quiz: what famous war quote from Vietnam Special Forces originated in the repression of the Catharian heresy?

Answer tomorrow.

:-)

-Chip Berlet