DLC's Progressive Policy Institute supported by Bradley Foundation

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Jul 6 12:46:08 PDT 2001

Nathan Newman wrote:

>Again, from the Media Transparency site, found out that the DLC's
>Progressive Policy Institute think tank got financing from the Bradley
>Foundation, which has given $125,000 in recent years, with indications that
>Bradley and Olin Foundations gave a total of $300,000 to PPI over its
>history.

That sure is interesting. Publicly, the DLC/PPI distances itself from the rights; their daily bulletins are pretty critical of W's right-wing policies and appointments. Privately, they're taking their cash. Reminds me of Sir Alan Walters' observation that Thatcher's most enduring legacy is the transformation of the Labour Party.

Doug