reverse discrimination

Leslilake1 at aol.com Leslilake1 at aol.com
Fri Jul 6 18:18:23 PDT 2001

<< I strongly suspect that concepts like "racism" or "reverse discrimination"

are ex post facto rationalizations used by people to explain away negative

personal experiences. >>

Except, of course, when they're not (rationalizations). Case in point: My department just hired a new dietitian. A recent grad was chosen. One of the points in her favor: she'd be "less set in her ways" and would "fit in better" than an over-40 and more experienced candidate. Well, those are, I suppose, somewhat valid points - but nothing to do with her actual skills.

les