Intellectual Language

Dennis Robert Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Fri Jul 6 18:46:28 PDT 2001

On Thu, 5 Jul 2001, Brenda Rosser wrote:

> PS: How come Freddy is a DJ? (I assume it's because he's clever with
> public presentation and words) and what's a 'phat trax'?

Hip hop jargon -- there's the MC or vocalist, who does the rhymes, and then there's the DJ (disk jockey), who mixes and samples the musical tracks. An intriguingly post-individual division of labor, actually, rather similar to the kind in the videogame and video (where one person writes scripts, another is in charge of visual, etc.).

-- Dennis