google and gov't funding

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Tue Jul 10 17:48:18 PDT 2001

Well, I assume google got lotsa USG disbursements...but, I really just want to drop another book cite!

http://www.si.umich.edu/~pne/cw.htm _The Closed World: Computers and the Politics of Discourse in Cold War America_ by Paul N. Edwards, MIT Press, 1996. http://www.si.umich.edu/~pne/models.data.htm THE WORLD IN A MACHINE: COMPUTER MODELS, DATA NETWORKS, AND GLOBAL ATMOSPHERIC POLITICS http://www.nettime.org/nettime.w3archive/199607/msg00051.html Michael Pugliese