unnoticed political fact

/ dave / arouet at winternet.com
Tue Jul 10 19:32:04 PDT 2001

Leslilake1 at aol.com wrote:

> << Question: Is there an easy way to find out who owns which brands, e.g.
> "Maxwell House coffee" is owned by (not really, but for example) Beatrice
> Foods which itself is owned by (for example) Phillip Morris and so on, up to
> the ultimate owner? >>

If you're a glutton for punishment, nine out of the ten products I grabbed at random from the cupboard a minute ago had 800 numbers listed on the side for product information. Undoubtedly you'll be subjected to a plethora of corporate propaganda messages if you try that route for the info, but it's probably a reasonable method if it's only a few items you're looking into. Other than that, no idea...

--

/ dave /