Faith based discrimination

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall_2 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 11 09:31:08 PDT 2001

Well to be fair, an article from USA Today states that GW is backing down from this proposal.

Bush backs off anti-gay proposal http://www.usatoday.com/news/washdc/july01/2001-07-11-gays.htm

WASHINGTON - The Bush administration backed away from a proposed regulation Tuesday that would have allowed religious groups to receive federal funds even if they discriminated against gays and lesbians in hiring. [...] Controversy erupted Tuesday after The Washington Post reported that the White House had struck a deal with the Salvation Army, which is considered the nation's largest charity based on donations. Full Story: http://www.usatoday.com/news/washdc/july01/2001-07-11-gays.htm

Of course, it doesn't make "Faith-Based" any more pleasing...

ooooooooo Kevin Dean Buffalo, NY ***Visit http://www.yaysoft.com for the latest in computers, politics and strange off-the-wall news and discussions!*** ICQ # 8616001 ooooo ----- Original Message ----- From: "Chuck Grimes" <cgrimes at tsoft.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2001 11:22 PM Subject: Re: Faith based discrimination