Teamsters, Hoffa Jr. and Rank Opportunism On The Left

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Wed Jul 11 14:59:26 PDT 2001

Show me a quote where the IBT and/or Junior "demonize" Mexican *truck drivers* (emphasis added), as opposed to demonizing unregulated trucks & trucking and/or low-wage labor.

If you fail, you should feel obliged to go out a kiss a Teamster, preferably one wearing a huge belt buckle with a Longhorn steer on it. Or listen to a Merle Haggard album from beginning to end.

I noticed a quote from Marx to the effect that he supported free trade *only* in the sense that it hastens the capitalist crisis by migrating capital to locations where profits are highest (and wages are least). So is your support for free trade likewise a "the worse, the better" position?

mbs

Unfortunately, yes. Demonizing Mexican truck drivers is right in line with Gompers going on about those evil Chinese immigrants.

Yours in free-trade Marxism,

Doug