Teamsters, Hoffa Jr. and Rank Opportunism On The Left

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Thu Jul 12 07:37:42 PDT 2001

For christ's sake, from a lit major I would expect better textual analysis.

I encourage interested parties to go to the link and actually read the article. The thrust of the article is UTTERLY at odds with Doug's out of context extract. For instance:

"Mexican drivers cannot be understood if simply viewed through a prism of safety standards and possible illicit cargos of dope.

They must be comprehended as working people without the right to organize. They are American teamsters in say 1933."

The people being demonized here are the IBT. See for yourself.

max

Well, there was this lovely passage from Teamster magazine, Nov 99. Check out the cover pic - "The NAFTA Trucker" <http://www.teamster.org/comm/newsletters/1199.htm>. The piece and especially the presentation draw on the whole Buchananite discourse about the smelly tide inundating our southern border.