zionism

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Thu Jul 12 13:18:23 PDT 2001

At 03:15 PM 07/12/2001 -0400, you wrote:
> >To single out the migration ideology of the Jews as uniquely racist is not
> >anti-Israel but anti-Jewish. It is the specific end-product of that
> >migration, the Israeli state that deserves the criticism, so casual attacks
> >on "Zionism" rather than the Israeli state just melds anti-semitism into the
> >criticism.

Well, it's not anti-jewish because it is perfectly possible to be jewish and not to be a zionist: for example, my father. It is even possible to be an aetheist and be a zionist. Zionism is not based on religious belief per se, it's based on blood--on the posession of Jewish blood!

The Israeli state IS the result of Zionism and US support. Although the Israeli state would like everyone to believe that being opposed to Israeli policy is the same as being an anti-semite, this is not the case. The greatest dissension on this very issue can be found in Judaism itself.

Joanna Bujes