Fw:Re: AUT: Re:gay-bashing Serb nationalists

Daniel Davies d_squared_2002 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 13 02:20:09 PDT 2001

--- Michael Pugliese <debsian at pacbell.net> wrote: > I'm inclined to agree uneasily, that late (how late? [Will the final
> conflict ever come? ] consumer capitalism in the metropolitan core states
> has, at an accelerating rate integrated the more affluent among gay urban
> male professional-managerial classdom.

http://www.adequacy.org/?op=displaystory;sid=2001/6/27/51823/2094

"Many people will regard the imposition of a tax on male homosexuals as a controversial move; some might even see it as (on the face of it) bordering on the illiberal. It is not my intention to stir up needless controversy, however. I merely wish to make what might in saner times be considered an obvious point; that it is far better, given that the government wastes every penny of money given to it, that the incidence of taxation fall heaviest on those members of society whose propensity to waste their own money is highest."

It is by now fairly obvious that I have a financial stake in this website, but what the hey.

dd

===== ... in countries which do not enjoy Mediterranean sunshine idleness is more difficult, and a great public propaganda will be required to inaugurate it. -- Bertrand Russell